Drug addiction is a severe problem that affects millions of people worldwide. The addiction causes devastation such as job loss, relationship damage and even death. Addicted persons can break the vicious cycle of addiction if their will is strong enough to take the appropriate steps.
Many people advise a drug or alcohol addicted person to seek assistance in a physical drug rehabilitation center. However, at home drug detox methods can provide a wealth of benefits over visiting a drug rehabilitation centre. A person can start detoxing from drugs today and improve his or her life greatly for tomorrow.
What Is Drug Home Detox?
Drug detox is one of the first steps in the recovery process from drug dependency. The process involves cleansing the body from the harmful substance to which it has become dangerously accustomed.
The addicted person will need to cease using the drug and go through a process of withdrawal that may cause physical, emotional and psychological discomfort. However, the rest of the recovery process will be less burdensome, and drug home detox can lessen the intensity of the withdrawal stage.
The Benefits of a Home Drug Detox
Our patients can relax in the comforts of their homes. They do not have to ask family members and friends to drive them to a facility.
They do not have to change any of their positive daily routines. They do not have to feel as if they are isolated from the world. Instead, our program provides a way for recovering addicts to be surrounded by their closest friends and family members and maintain normalcy while they recover from their addiction.
No one has to know that a person is going through a personal recovery period. Persons who enter rehab facilities often have to tell their employers and other people where they are going. With home detox, the process is between the addicted person and our company.
Only family members and friends will know about the program, and they will only know if the addicted person chooses to tell them about it.
Another benefit of our home detoxification program is comfort. Some inpatient rehabilitation facilities are against medicinal assistance. Our goal is to help each person to be as comfortable as possible during the rehabilitation process.
Our medical professionals will prescribe helpful medications to those who experience severely painful withdrawal symptoms. Our specialists will prescribe medications that can help to prevent extreme irritability, depression and a host of painful physical symptoms.
Support and assistance
We offer a team of representatives who are willing to answer any questions and concerns that a person may have about the drug detox programme. The lines are open 24 hours a day and Seven days a week. Additionally, we have therapists on staff who can help with root discovery and relapse prevention.
Root discovery is a process that involves delving into one’s past to find the problem that caused the addiction. Quite often, addiction stems from childhood trauma. The goal of the therapist is to develop a close relationship with the addicted person and go on a journey with that person to discover where the addictive behaviors started.
Once the parties discover that aspect of the cycle, the two parties can work together to find a way to prevent relapses.
How to Detox from Drugs at Home
Learning how to detox from drugs at home is easy with our S-T-E-P-S programme. We offer a cost-effective, quick and reliable programme for persons who want to change their lives for the better starting today.
An addicted person does not have to wait for help because our home-based program is available immediately.
You can start your programme within two working days. A specialist will meet with an addicted person and get to know that person before the programme begins.
He or she will perform a medical check to see what the addicted person’s needs are. Next, the specialist will prescribe the necessary medications and give the person nutritional tips and other helpful advice.
Is home drug detox enough for long term recovery?
Drug detoxing at home is designed to treat the physical symptoms of addiction. For more serious cases with severe mental withdrawal symptoms, continuing treatment at a drug rehab clinic is most recommended.
We also advise patients to undergo therapy and counselling sessions to achieve freedom from drug addiction long term.
Therapy sessions you will benefit from during this time include:
- Family therapy
- One-to-one therapy
- Group therapy
- Educational workshops
- Holistic therapies
- Life skills and relapse prevention workshops
Get Started on your Journey to Drug Recovery at Home Today
The process of recovery can start as early as today. An addicted person can call 0800 118 2892 and request help with an at-home detox programme. The office is open 24hrs a day, seven days of the week.
Our helpline is completely confidential and we always have the patient’s best interest at heart to help them on their journey to recovery.
There’s a growing need for people to be more familiar on how to detox from drugs at home. While some people may say that private clinics are necessary, knowing how to detox from drugs at home can still be a very effective method of recovery.
A lot of methods today are available to help an addict recover from drug abuse. As long as there are still substances remaining inside the body, cravings will continue. This is even with the help of rehabilitation.
We understand that taking the decision to commit to rehab can be difficult, you can schedule a tour of one your local rehab centers to see the available facilities, resources and environment. This can help you with taking the first steps towards your rehabilitation
- Continuously taking drugs that are no longer needed for a health problem
- Building up a tolerance against the drugs
- Feel shaky, depressed, stomachaches, intense sweating, headaches and more intense symptoms when the drugs wear off
- Even when drug addiction is hurting your loved ones, you still can’t stop
- You spend time thinking about how to get drugs, when to take it, how good it feels.
- Having a hard time giving yourself limitations to drug use
- Losing interest in extracurricular or social activities that don’t involve drugs
- Losing priority over personal & professional responsibilities
- You borrow or steal money to pay for drugs
- Having trouble to get along with loved ones and colleagues. They complain about your actions or how you’ve changed.
- Sleeping and eating too much or too little
- Drug addiction reflects on your physical appearance. Bloodshot eyes, bad breath, tremors, blood nose, or you may have gained or lost weight.
- You have a new set of friends with whom you do drugs and go to different places to use the drugs.
- Drug inpatient detox
- Drug home detox
- Drug rehab
- Group Therapy
- Rehab facilities
We have rehab and detox clinics all across the UK to help you on your journey to recovery. Click here to find rehab centres & facilities near you.
For more information on how much drug addiction treatment costs, please visit our pricing page.
The best way to get started is to give us a call at 0800 118 2892 for free advice and assessment. Let us help you or your loved one figure out the best treatment plan for your alcohol addiction so you can get started on your journey to recovery.
- Keep track of the volume of your drug use to have a better understanding of the role of drug addiction in your life.
- Consider the impact of your drug use to the things that matter most to you, such as your partner, your children, your career and your health.
- Consider getting advice from a person you trust about your drug use.
- Remind yourself of the reasons why you want to change for the better.
- Analyse your attempts at recovery. What worked and what didn’t?
- Set specific, measurable goals, such as time and limitations you’ve made to recover from drug addiction.
- Consider to open up to your loved ones that you’re committing to recovery and seek for their support.