How Does Drug Rehabilitation Work?
The first step of overcoming a drug addiction problem is of course to admit you have a problem. Once you have done this to your friends, family and most importantly yourself, you can begin to face the problem at hand with unity of mind and none of the uncertainty that comes along with trying to make excuses, or pretending that you don’t really have a problem and can “just quit any time”.
For most people with real addiction problems who want to regain control of their lives and avoid a relapse, attending an inpatient rehabilitation centre is an absolute must. Our private UK drug rehab centres are designed to be a relaxing and stress-free environment to help you overcome your addiction.
You will be surrounded by doctors, nurses and therapists at all times, all of whom just want to make your rehabilitation process go as successfully and smoothly as possible. Several of our staff have overcome addiction problems of their own in the past and are uniquely equipped to understand your challenges and anxieties.
The first stage is detoxing yourself from the drug you’re addicted to. This is the most important stage as none of our other treatments will work correctly if the drugs are still in your system. Detoxing can also be the most difficult stage of the entire rehabilitation progress due to the side effects and the intense desire to use drugs.
We will be there to supervise you at all times and can provide therapy sessions, support groups, medication to combat withdrawal side effects, cognitive behavioural therapy, nutrition guidance, sports, activities and more to make sure you are not only fully equipped to face your cravings head on and defeat them, but also to make sure you are never alone with these struggles.
Once you have successfully detoxed and your body is free of the drugs you crave, the real work can start. You will go through daily therapy sessions, consultations with doctors and discussions both with professionals and other addicts. You will begin to understand your addiction, how it works, how it impairs your judgement, and how to regain control of your mind and desires. We will take you through the globally proven 12-step program with some unique personalised steps to make the rehabilitation process work for you as much as possible.
Even once you successfully overcome your addiction and are ready to go back into the world with a new lease of life, we provide one of the world’s leading aftercare programs. We will be ready at the end of the phone to give professional advice if you are feeling like you might relapse, and can even take you back in in serious situations.
Our setup is all about relieving anxiety and making the patient feel as comfortable and safe as possible.
We have several ex-addicts in our staff and they are world leaders in their fields so there is no judgement, only a safe, welcoming environment.
How much does drug rehab cost in the UK?
For many, the cost of drug rehabilitation is something that can put them off getting the help they need. Your life always takes priority and the value of regaining control will always outweigh any potential costs.
This is why we:
- Accept the vast majority of medical insurance policies
- Run a free helpline so you can receive help and guidance 24/7
- Create personalised treatment plans so you don’t receive any treatments that won’t benefit you
- Offer a low-interest and customisable credit plan so you can prioritise your wellness and worry about the rest later
- Offer a detox from home programme allowing you to access a low-cost professional rehabilitation plan in your own time
- Regularly hold free drug rehab centre tours so you can schedule a visit now to learn exactly what we do, see our drug rehab facilities and hear about how we can help.
How can a drug rehabilitation centre help me?
Our drug rehabilitation programmes are the UK’s most effective way to beat addiction and anybody who is struggling with an addiction to alcohol or drugs can benefit from them.
But what if you’re not sure if you’re an addict? We always recommend calling us if you’re not sure and want some clarification, but you may have an addiction if:
- You experience withdrawal symptoms when not using drugs, such as the shakes, sweating, tiredness or nausea
- You need to take more and more drugs to feel the same effect
- You plan your life and appointments around your drug use
- You have tried to stop using drugs but ended up continuing
- You are having financial issues due to spending more than you can afford on drugs
- You find yourself socialising more with friends that do drugs or accommodate your habit
These symptoms of addiction can all be scary to go through but we are waiting to help you and get you back on track.
Are there drug rehabilitation programmes I can try from home?
Yes! This is always an option, and if you have a slightly less major addiction, you might feel like you need a little help kicking the habit, but don’t want to spend the money or time going to an inpatient rehab facility.
If this sounds like you, our detox from home programmes can be a lifesaver. They essentially involve you detoxifying your body of drugs at home by avoiding taking them. You will be given medication to help fight the withdrawal symptoms, telephone guidance, and be invited to attend certain consultations and therapy sessions. This makes the process extremely easy and makes sure you never feel like you’re alone even when you are in the comfort of your own home.
Countless patients have successfully overcome their addiction through this route and gotten straight back into their lives, but if we find your cravings are too strong and you are unable to kick the habit entirely from your home, we can invite you to attend one of our rehab centres at any time for further help, and the choice remains yours.
What can I expect from my drug rehab programme?
- An urgent admissions process so you can get immediate help
- Free advice and guidance to help you to make the right decision for your needs
- A holistic approach to drug detoxification, which combines the physical detox with the psychological support, tools and techniques needed to make a lasting change – all delivered by professionals that truly care and are ready to support every patient.
- A private room with a full range of clinics available.
- Tailored treatments and programmes available at each clinic with supporting services and drug rehab facilities.
- Access to offsite experiences such as swimming, equine therapy, exercise and life skills trips. All are supervised and accompanied to help give patients confidence as they first navigate their drug-free new world.
- The right length of time for the most effective programme – typically 60-90 days for the best results and chance to experience long-term recovery
- Access to individual and group therapies to meet other supportive people and to learn about activities such as journaling and meditation
- A hugely experienced and qualified team of professionals that include doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, nurses, dieticians, acupuncturists, herbalists, trauma specialists and more.
- Detox and therapeutic treatment programmes that are fully approved by the Care Quality Commission, which independently regulates all of the health and social care services in the UK.
- 24/7 care on our inpatient drug rehab programme
- Family programmes on a bespoke basis, to ensure that family and friends are ready to support each patient in the right way as they undergo change.
- Treatment programmes that also tackle co-occurring process addictions such as co-dependency, gambling and sex
- Guided visits for friends and family
Exercise under supervision within each individual’s care plan schedule
- Full information about funding your drug rehab, either via private medical insurance or private payment
Are there drug rehab centres near me?
A lot of people seem to ask “are there options for drug rehabilitation near me?” or “is private drug rehab available in the UK?” often assuming such clinics are in the middle of the desert in California simply because they’ve only ever seen a rehab facility on TV. If this is something you’ve wondered about, you’d be surprised how wrong you are!
Serenity Drug Rehabilitation Centres are available all around the UK and beyond. We offer professional and high quality drug rehab centres in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. This means you can experience all the comfort and expertise of a professional drug rehab facility without needing to take a long journey into the middle of nowhere.
Check our rehab locations page to find your closest centre and don’t forget you can schedule a free tour at any time!
- Continuously taking drugs that are no longer needed for a health problem
- Building up a tolerance against the drugs
- Feel shaky, depressed, stomachaches, intense sweating, headaches and more intense symptoms when the drugs wear off
- Even when drug addiction is hurting your loved ones, you still can’t stop
- You spend time thinking about how to get drugs, when to take it, how good it feels.
- Having a hard time giving yourself limitations to drug use
- Losing interest in extracurricular or social activities that don’t involve drugs
- Losing priority over personal & professional responsibilities
- You borrow or steal money to pay for drugs
- Having trouble to get along with loved ones and colleagues. They complain about your actions or how you’ve changed.
- Sleeping and eating too much or too little
- Drug addiction reflects on your physical appearance. Bloodshot eyes, bad breath, tremors, blood nose, or you may have gained or lost weight.
- You have a new set of friends with whom you do drugs and go to different places to use the drugs.
- Drug inpatient detox
- Drug home detox
- Drug rehab
- Group Therapy
- Rehab facilities
We have rehab and detox clinics all across the UK to help you on your journey to recovery. Click here to find rehab centres & facilities near you. -> https://www.rehabclinic.org.uk/locations/
For more information on how much drug addiction treatment costs, please click here -> https://www.rehabclinic.org.uk/our-pricing/
The best way to get started is to give us a call at 0800 118 2892 for free advice and assessment. Let us help you or your loved one figure out the best treatment plan for your alcohol addiction so you can get started on your journey to recovery.
- Keep track of the volume of your drug use to have a better understanding of the role of drug addiction in your life.
- Consider the impact of your drug use to the things that matter most to you, such as your partner, your children, your career and your health.
- Consider getting advice from a person you trust about your drug use.
- Remind yourself of the reasons why you want to change for the better.
- Analyse your attempts at recovery. What worked and what didn’t?
- Set specific, measurable goals, such as time and limitations you’ve made to recover from drug addiction.
- Consider to open up to your loved ones that you’re committing to recovery and seek for their support.