We understand your Addiction to Prescription Drugs
If you or someone you know and care for is suffering with prescription drug addiction rehab we can offer a comprehensive support package.
Prescription drug addiction rehab has seen a dramatic rise across the UK and the world in the recent years due to the increasing availability and overly prescriptive doctors. Many people are unaware just how addictive prescription drugs are and see them in a different light from illegal drugs.
At The Serenity Addiction Centres we believe we have one of the best programs in the world to stop prescription drug addiction. Prescription Drug addiction rehab has a devastating effect on many people’s lives. Not only does it affect the user but normally those closest to them. Without the correct treatment, guidance and advice the consequences can eventually be fatal. Some people may become addicted to more than one prescription drug and even cross addict with illegal substances and alcohol. Thankfully here at The Serenity Addiction Centres we can offer detox from a wide range of substances and even complex cross addictions.
The first step in treatment for prescription drug addiction rehab is the realisation that a problem exists. Acceptance can be the hardest step in recovery and denial plays a big part in this. Here at Serenity Addiction Centres we offer an abstinence based treatment programme that avoids the use of mind altering substances. Firstly we like to assess our clients and in particular their drug use and quantities involved. We are fully aware each individual differs in their usage and also investigate the possibility of other dependencies. We will then provide a comprehensive personalised program to suit your individual needs. We assign a specialist counsellor to work with you on a one on one basis to explore the underlying issues and ultimately help you understand why you are using.
Our daily program consists of group therapy, workshops, relaxation, stress management and a healthy diet. We believe this is the best approach to conquering addictions. We are strong believers that education to those around you is a foundation of recovery and as such offer family days within the retreat. We believe this is a beneficial part of recovery as prescription drug addiction can have devastating effects on family and friends as well as the addict.
Once you have completed your residential program we offer on-going support. We pride ourselves on taking a personal interest in our clients and ensuring the stay clean. We offer a comprehensive aftercare program that covers relapse prevention, risk management and life management.
At Serenity Addiction Centres we improve our client’s behaviours and thought patterns surrounding drug use and how to live a fulfilling life free of addiction. All of our staff have been there themselves and demonstrate there is the possibility of living a successful and fulfilling life after prescription drug addiction. rehab
We understand that taking the decision to commit to rehab can be difficult, you can schedule a tour of one your local rehab centers to see the available facilities, resources and environment. This can help you with taking the first steps towards your rehabilitation.
How do I know I have an addiction to drugs?
- Continuously taking drugs that are no longer needed for a health problem
- Building up a tolerance against the drugs
- Feel shaky, depressed, stomachaches, intense sweating, headaches and more intense symptoms when the drugs wear off
- Even when drug addiction is hurting your loved ones, you still can’t stop
- You spend time thinking about how to get drugs, when to take it, how good it feels.
- Having a hard time giving yourself limitations to drug use
- Losing interest in extracurricular or social activities that don’t involve drugs
- Losing priority over personal & professional responsibilities
- You borrow or steal money to pay for drugs
- Having trouble to get along with loved ones and colleagues. They complain about your actions or how you’ve changed.
- Sleeping and eating too much or too little
- Drug addiction reflects on your physical appearance. Bloodshot eyes, bad breath, tremors, blood nose, or you may have gained or lost weight.
- You have a new set of friends with whom you do drugs and go to different places to use the drugs.
What treatments are available for drug addiction?
- Drug inpatient detox
- Drug home detox
- Drug rehab
- Group Therapy
- Rehab facilities
Where is drug addiction treatment available?
We have rehab and detox clinics all across the UK to help you on your journey to recovery. Click Here to find rehab centres & facilities near you.
How much does drug addiction treatment cost?
For more information on how much drug addiction treatment costs, please click here
How can I get started with drug addiction treatment?
The best way to get started is to give us a call at 0800 118 2892 for free advice and assessment. Let us help you or your loved one figure out the best treatment plan for your alcohol addiction so you can get started on your journey to recovery.
Self-help tips for dealing with the initial stages of drug addiction
- Keep track of the volume of your drug use to have a better understanding of the role of drug addiction in your life.
- Consider the impact of your drug use to the things that matter most to you, such as your partner, your children, your career and your health.
- Consider getting advice from a person you trust about your drug use.
- Remind yourself of the reasons why you want to change for the better.
- Analyse your attempts at recovery. What worked and what didn’t?
- Set specific, measurable goals, such as time and limitations you’ve made to recover from drug addiction.
- Consider to open up to your loved ones that you’re committing to recovery and seek for their support.