If you, or somebody you know is messing with crystal meth, get help, right now!
Like a lot of information, facts about crystal methamphetamine can be hard to pin down. Also known by a plethora of street names such as crank, tweak, and ice, crystal methamphetamine is a very powerful stimulant concocted from a wide range of source substances and chemicals.
The Effects of Crystal Meth
The effects of meth are highly volatile because there can be potentially so many different toxic substances involved in a mix. After coming down last decade, rates of meth abuse have disturbingly been on the rise in recent years. If you know someone who needs help with a crystal methamphetamine addiction, call the Rehab Clinic at 0800 234 3825.
Meth use really exploded in the 1980’s especially amongst certain demographics like the United States gay community, motorcycle gangs, and some long-haul truckers in order to drive long journeys with little or no sleep. However, a dip in prices to as little as £25 for half a gram, enough to last the majority of users a couple of days, has spread meth use deeper into mainstream culture. Until recently, meth use was rather rare in the UK but lately it has become more widely available even to suburban housewives.
Methamphetamine can be snorted, injected or smoked in a pipe to produce very strong feelings of euphoria, energy, and a perceived (but false) sense of focus. Smoking it provides the most intense sensation as the drug directly enters the bloodstream with results that can last from 2-16 hours.
Users describe a range of feelings and mental patterns ranging from obsessive compulsive behaviours to extremely strong sex drive and lack of sexual inhibitions.
This last effect is worth noting because it greatly increases the odds of unprotected sex. It is shocking but studies in the US have shown that crystal meth drug abuse has been a factor in as many as half of all new AIDS cases in recent years.
What About Short Term Use?
Short-term use of methamphetamine causes a rapid increase in body temperature, blood pressure, and cardiac rate. The drug can have unpleasant cognitive effects such as hallucinations, intense paranoia, and bizarre, psychotic behaviours.
Overdose is easily achieved with meth, marked by severe convulsions and circulatory and respiratory collapse, and death. Long-term abuse can create memory loss, wild rages, mood swings, and damage to the immune system.
A dependency on crystal meth often requires admission to drug rehab. If you have a drug addiction you should seriously consider your treatment options. Contact us for free, confidential advice on treatment and rehab options.
We understand that taking the decision to commit to rehab can be difficult, you can schedule a tour of one your local rehab centers to see the available facilities, resources and environment. This can help you with taking the first steps towards your rehabilitation
How do I know I have an addiction to drugs?
- Continuously taking drugs that are no longer needed for a health problem
- Building up a tolerance against the drugs
- Feel shaky, depressed, stomachaches, intense sweating, headaches and more intense symptoms when the drugs wear off
- Even when drug addiction is hurting your loved ones, you still can’t stop
- You spend time thinking about how to get drugs, when to take it, how good it feels.
- Having a hard time giving yourself limitations to drug use
- Losing interest in extracurricular or social activities that don’t involve drugs
- Losing priority over personal & professional responsibilities
- You borrow or steal money to pay for drugs
- Having trouble to get along with loved ones and colleagues. They complain about your actions or how you’ve changed.
- Sleeping and eating too much or too little
- Drug addiction reflects on your physical appearance. Bloodshot eyes, bad breath, tremors, blood nose, or you may have gained or lost weight.
- You have a new set of friends with whom you do drugs and go to different places to use the drugs.
What treatments are available for drug addiction?
- Drug inpatient detox
- Drug home detox
- Drug rehab
- Group Therapy
- Rehab facilities
Where is Crystal Meth addiction treatment available?
We have rehab and detox clinics all across the UK to help you on your journey to recovery. Click Here to find rehab centres & facilities near you.
How much does Crystal Meth addiction treatment cost?
For more information on how much drug addiction treatment costs, please click here
How can I get started with drug addiction treatment?
The best way to get started is to give us a call at 0800 118 2892 for free advice and assessment. Let us help you or your loved one figure out the best treatment plan for your alcohol addiction so you can get started on your journey to recovery.
Self-help tips for dealing with the initial stages of drug addiction
- Keep track of the volume of your drug use to have a better understanding of the role of drug addiction in your life.
- Consider the impact of your drug use to the things that matter most to you, such as your partner, your children, your career and your health.
- Consider getting advice from a person you trust about your drug use.
- Remind yourself of the reasons why you want to change for the better.
- Analyse your attempts at recovery. What worked and what didn’t?
- Set specific, measurable goals, such as time and limitations you’ve made to recover from drug addiction.
- Consider to open up to your loved ones that you’re committing to recovery and seek for their support.