Specialist substance misuse practitioner
- More than 15 years experience working in clinical settings with clients on a one-to-one and group basis.
- Qualified as a substance misuse practitioner in 2006.
- Worked for Hackney Drug and alcohol team https://hackney.gov.uk/substance-misuse for over 12 years.
- Worked alongside Opendoors www.Opendoors.nhs.uk.
“We would work together to support clients into treatment. We always worked within the safety and boundaries ensuring the work was carried out to a high standard. We managed to get lots of women into treatment who other wise would not have made itI then went on to mange a drop on for homeless clients we had showers and dryers this gave clients an opportunity to come in grab a Iffe and have a chat. We would use the opportunity to provide harm reduction www.talk to frank.com was what we always suggested family members to also explore when a loved one was in treatment.”
- Managed a team of 11 Practitioners and set up all the alcohol clinics in the borough of Hackney creating pathways for the hard to reach group in the borough.
“I noticed this was a hard to reach group as they had houses, cars Familres and in well paid jobs they didn’t see there drug use an issue. So I created a pathway that would get them into treatment. Me and my team approached the gp clinics in hackney and asked if we could run a clinic there once a week. We Laos asked them to refer in any patient that presented to ty with anxiety and was dr inking over 15 units a week”
Michael trained as an advanced group worker at the renowned Institute of Group Analysis in London https://www.groupanalysis.org/.
As an educator in the field of addiction, conflict management and mental wellbeing Michael gained a diploma at Naos https://www.naos-institute.com/.
Michael also has an NVQ Level 3 in health and social care in Substance Misuse gained with https://inspirit-training.org.uk/.
Leave a comment
Learn more about the treatments and programs we offer, about our staff and the neighborhood.
Any kind of drug or alcohol addiction can affect every aspect of your life, especially when it’s an addiction that involves alcohol or drugs. To