We can offer a drug & alcohol Home-based Community Detox in your own home if you do not wish to enter a residential recovery and rehabilitation centre.
Our services are effective, affordable, high quality and confidential – and are now easily accessible, we cover the whole of the UK from our regional detox centres.
If you are wanting to on any treatment programme you will need to undergo a medically supervised detox. This will give you the alcohol or substances to leave your body safely with the help of medication given to you. The detox will usually last between 7 and 10 days.
Advantages of a Home-based Detox
- No Waiting: We can usually start the detox quickly – there are no waiting lists and we will arrange for a doctor to visit you as soon as we can agree a mutually convenient appointment. This can usually be arranged with 2 working days– in some areas of the UK it can sometime take just a little longer.
- Safe Prescribing: Our Medical Practitioners will examine you and, where safe and appropriate, will prescribe a range of medication to ensure a comfortable detox.
- Convenience: You can remain at home and continue with some of your own private commitments.
- Cost Effective: Home-based treatment is cheaper – you do not have to pay for residential accommodation. Even if you require “additional support” for special reasons, it will still be less expensive than traditional detox services.
- Private: The treatment will be private and confidential – your employer or GP does not have to be consulted. Your career might be in jeopardy if your condition is on the public record.
- Nursing: You will receive visits from a nurse during the detox.
- Affordable Ongoing Therapy: You will also be offered therapy from an addictions specialist for a month as part of the detox service. We recommend additional treatment as “staying off” alcohol and drugs is a lot harder than being medically detoxed.