In order for confidentiality for all peers, we would ask you to abide by the following:
- Do not disclose anyone’s presence at Serenity Health
- Do not use or disclose any peer’s surname or personal details
- Do not give out personal phone numbers or addresses for yourself or any other peer
- Do not disclose information about any other peer to anyone, including your family members
- Do not discuss anything that happens in groups to anyone else who is not resident at or that works at Serenity Health.
Information that you disclose in groups or during one to one sessions may be shared with other members of the team (Therapists, Doctors and Support Workers. Information will be kept confidential within the staff team.
We abide by the Data Protection Act 1984, and all information is treated and managed in confidence. We cannot however, maintain your confidentiality if there is a risk of harm to a child or adult, including yourself and with the exception of the following:
- Risk of harm to self or others
- Undetected Murder/Manslaughter
- Terrorist Activity
- Paedophile Activity
If there are concerns we may have to pass on or disclose relevant information with outside agencies such as Social Services, Police or Probation. If this is the case, you will be informed of this prior to the outside agency being informed.
I have read and understood the above and agree to adhere to it. I understand that my failure to do so may result in my being de-selected from the alcohol or drug programme and asked to leave.
Confidentiality – Clients
The Management Team
Approved Rachael Ball – Care Home Manager